“Home Alone” is a 1990 American comedy film written and produced by John Hughes. The film stars Macaulay Culkin as Kevin McCallister, a boy who is accidentally left behind when his family takes a trip to Paris, and must defend his home from two burglars played by Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern.
The film was directed by Chris Columbus and distributed by 20th Century Fox. It is the highest-grossing live action-comedy film of all time in the United States, and the fourth-highest-grossing film overall. The movie was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Score, and two Golden Globe Awards: one for Best Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical, and another for Culkin’s performance.
If you’re a fan of this movie, we invite you to continue reading as we’re going to share some Home Alone trivia questions and answers in today’s article.
1. What was the release date for Home Alone?
– Home Alone was released on November 16, 1990.
2. What is the address of the home where Kevin lived in the movie?
– The McCallister family lived in 927 Lincoln Boulevard in Winnetka, Illinois.
3. Who played Kevin’s mother in the movie?
– Catherine O’Hara portrayed Kate McCallister, Kevin’s mother.
4. Who was the actor who played the pizza delivery man in the movie?
– The actor who played the pizza delivery man was D.Danny Warhol.
5. What type of animal is Marv allergic to?
– Marv is allergic to bee stings.
6. How does Kevin capture Harry and Marv after they break into the house?
– Kevin traps them using tar, feathers, paint cans, a toy car on a track, and an iron board with nails sticking out of it.
7. How many children are in the McCallister family?
– The family consists of 8 children: Peter, Megan, Linnie, Tracy, Buzz, Kevin, Sondra and Jeff.
8. What is the name of Kevin’s oldest brother?
– Kevin’s oldest brother is named Buzz.
9. Who played Uncle Frank in the movie?
– Gerry Bamman portrayed Uncle Frank in the movie.
10. What did the old man offer Kevin when he was trying to get into his house?
– The old man offered Kevin a spare key to his house.
11. What does Kevin do to make the thieves think that his house is haunted?
– To make it appear as if the house is haunted, Kevin uses a mannequin dressed in his clothes and various toy props such as an RC car, stringed lights and a flashlight.
12. What is the name of the song that plays during the opening credits?
– The song that plays during the opening credits is called “Somewhere in My Memory”, composed by John Williams.
13. Who are Kevin’s neighbors?
– Kevin’s neighbors are the Murrays, an elderly couple who help him out and provide advice.
14. How much money did Kevin find in his father’s wallet?
– Kevin found $820 in his father’s wallet.
15. What gift did Kevin receive from the old man at the end of the movie?
– At the end of the movie, Kevin receives an ornament with a Christmas wish inscribed on it.
16. What item did Kevin take with him upon leaving the pharmacy?
– Kevin walked away from the pharmacy without paying for a toothbrush. That’s because he got scared when he saw Old Man Marley.
17. How many burglars are there in the movie?
– There are two burglars in the movie, Harry and Marv.
18. Who was Kevin’s bully in the movie?
– Buzz McCallister bullied Kevin by calling him names in the movie.
19. What are the names of Kevin’s sisters?
– The names of Kevin’s sisters are Megan and Linnie.
20. What do Kevin’s parents give him as a reward for staying home all by himself?
– Kevin’s parents reward him with a weeklong trip to Paris for his bravery.
21. What does Kevin use to make an ice cream sundae for himself?
– To make his sundae, Kevin uses a can of whipped cream and Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup.
22. What breed is the “scary” neighbor’s dog?
– The “scary” neighbor’s dog is a Rottweiler.
23. How does Kevin make it appear that there are multiple people in the house?
– To make it appear as if there are multiple people in the house, Kevin sets up a dummy of himself at various locations throughout the house and uses amplified recordings of his voice.
24. What does Kevin do when he gets scared during the movie?
– When Kevin gets scared, he runs to the safety of his attic and hides in a box. He also keeps a BB gun handy for protection against intruders.
25. What do Kevin’s parents give him as a reward for making it through the night?
– As a reward, Kevin’s parents give him a pair of Talkboy Walkie-Talkies.
26. What is the name of Kevin’s uncle that lives in Florida?
– The name of Kevin’s uncle that lives in Florida is Frank McCallister.
27. How do Kevin’s parents find out that he has been home all by himself?
– Kevin’s parents find out that he has been home all by himself when they receive a call from the neighbor, who informs them of Kevin’s plight.
28. What type of car does Kevin’s father drive?
– Kevin’s father drives a red Porsche 928.
29. How does Kevin finally defeat the burglars?
– Kevin finally defeats the burglars by using a series of booby traps to incapacitate them. These traps include hot tar, paint cans and falling planks of wood.
30. What does Kevin do after he is reunited with his family?
– After being reunited with his family, Kevin celebrates by sharing a Christmas dinner and spending time together. They also exchange presents and enjoy the holiday season.
31. What is the name of the two police officers that investigate the burglars?
– The two police officers that investigate the burglars are named Officer Balzak and Officer Murch.
And there you have it, the 31 Home Alone trivia questions and answers. We hope you enjoyed testing your knowledge of the beloved movie.
Whether you are watching this movie for the first time or revisiting it after years away, there’s no doubt that it will bring you joy and laughter. So grab some popcorn, gather a group of friends, and get ready to laugh at Kevin’s antics.