During a time of lockdown and social distancing, having regular communication with your family and friends is still important. And thanks to modern technology, we can still get in touch with our loved ones through video chatting, social media, and etc.
But admittedly, it takes more than a simple chat to get off your mind to the things that are going on right now as we also need to have fun and break the monotony of staying inside our homes to avoid the risk of being infected by the dreaded coronavirus.
Thankfully, lockdown pub quizzes are becoming a popular way of entertaining everybody without the need to be physically close. And through video chat platforms like Zoom, FaceTime, and Houseparty your kinfolks and peers can now take part in this battle of the wits no matter where they are around the world.
So read more as we are going to talk about the basics of launching a virtual lockdown pub quiz and be entertained with friends, relatives, and workmates without leaving home.
How To Host A Virtual Lockdown Pub Quiz
We get it, bars and pubs are closed due to the ongoing health crisis. But you can still test your brains along with others by hosting a weekly virtual quiz. And though it may not be the same as gathering around with your teammates on a small table as you compete for a round of free drinks, the main idea of the game is pretty much the same minus the shots (as some countries are also implementing a liquor ban during the lockdown period).
First, you need to choose a video-conferencing platform where your family and friends can participate. And if you’re going to ask us, we’d pick Zoom as this is one of the commonly used video chatting app nowadays. And once you sign up, you can accommodate up to a hundred participants in a single call – the perfect condition for conducting fun and competitive pub quiz.
Then, you need to set up an event using your social media account. A single post will be enough to inform your isolated friends and family members. Just make sure to state the exact time and date so that everybody will be able to go online during the virtual lockdown pub quiz.
And don’t just limit the participants to your associates. Let others join the fun as well by setting your post as “public” so that everybody can see your social media announcement and participate in the game as well. After all, we all crave social contact after months of being isolated at home. So allow your neighbors, flatmates, friends of your friends, and other people across the globe to take part in this entertaining activity.
The more people who will participate in the quiz, the more fun it will be. But try to start out with only a group of 20 to 30 people until you are able to get the hang of hosting the pub quiz on a weekly basis.
What Are The Questions To Ask
The questions in your quiz may range everything from general knowledge to Disney characters and even math. Just make sure that the set of questions to include is something that the participants are familiar with, can relate to, and more importantly something that is age-appropriate (considering there are older participants who might join in the virtual game).
But in case you don’t know where to start, there perhaps you might want to consider these funny and quirky quiz questions (with answers) to brush off the boredom blues brought about by the COVID-19 lockdown:
- What color of toilet paper is commonly used in France?
– Pink. And the reason behind this is that this color perfectly matches the interior decorations of the toilet, even though it’s a regional preference.
- Henry VIII implemented which type of tax in 1535?
– The beard tax. Officially known as the Tudor Beard Tax, it was a type of graduated tax that was being imposed on English men who wore beards in 1535 regardless of the social position.
- If you dig a hole in Wellington, New Zealand to the earth’s center, which country will you end up on the other side?
– Spain. This country is the exact parallel of Wellington, New Zealand on the other side of the world.
- The first hockey pucks were made of what?
– Frozen cow dung as it turns out cow manure is very hard when frozen solid.
- What action does an average person do 13x a day?
– Laughing. After all, laughter is the best medicine, especially in a crisis situation like COVID-19.
- A person who fears the number 7 has what kind of phobia?
– Heptaphobia. While the fear of other numbers, in general is called Numerophobia or Arithmophobia.
- What is the term for a punctuation mark that has both a question mark and an exclamation mark?
- What do you call a group of unicorns?
– A Blessing of unicorns.
- Can we sneeze during sleep without waking up? Yes or No.
– No. While we are prone to sneeze during sleeping because the mucus membranes in the nose swell while you lie down, there isn’t much airflow to move dust or air particles. And since the membranes don’t have much contact with air stimulants, we can’t sneeze while we are sleeping.
- What is the name of Thor’s new hammer that was forged in Nidavellir?
- What is the full name of Scooby Doo?
– Scoobert Doo
- What kind of animal is a cross between a zebra and a donkey?
- How many infinity stones are there in the Marvel’s The Avengers movie franchise?
– 6 (six)
- Which country has the most number of tornadoes per area?
- Which American city was the fortune cookie invented?
– San Francisco
And there you have it! The things you need to know so that you’ll be able to launch a virtual lockdown pub quiz and have fun with family and friends. So contact your loved ones now and set the date.